Start designing your socks in a simple, easy-to-understand way. With this template, you only need to design a flat pattern, and then our mockup will automatically generate a preview of the socks for each view.
If you haven’t downloaded the “Socks Flat Design Mockup” file yet, or need to know completed custom socks process, check here.
Now check that you are ready to design the socks:
- Download our “Flat Design Mockup”, they will be a lot of folders.
- A computer for design, install one of PS (adobe photoshop) or AI (adobe illustrator).
- You can use design software or have other designers to help you.
If you like, you are free to create your socks, modify our templates or just refer to our mockup, we will not force you to use our mockup design socks. Please try to refer to the “Restrictions of Custom Socks” standard, which will reduce the possibility of re-editing.
If you are ready, let’s start designing socks:
Step 1: What socks do you want to design?
When you build a house, the first thing we think about is what kind of house I need, high, area, what material, what it looks like. Taking into account all the details will make the construction smoother.
Create socks just like building a house, usually you need to consider the following:
- Socks to whom? You need to know who is going to wear your socks or who your customers are. Different genders or ages, socks will be different.
- How long socks? socks have a lot of length, no show, ankle, crew, knee, over knee, tights… can also according to your needs.
- What is the socks material? Most socks are cotton, strong sports socks need nylon, cold places may need wool socks, silky cool socks for summer.
- What pattern on the socks? Put your logo on socks, Highlight your brand. Fashion socks with unique design are always popular.
- Socks need special technology / functionality? Socks need non-slip rubber, embroidery logo, terry, linking by hand, thicken. These techniques can make socks more popular.
If you already have complete sock idea, great, we can design it soon.
You may need more than that, but we can all do it. If you have seen a pair of unique socks, don’t worry we can always make it.
Step 2: Socks flat design.
I think you already know what kind of socks you want, choose a suitable mockup, I recommend to design flat design first. Flat design has different methods in different software.
- AI(adobe illustrator): You can see two files in a folder, “flat design” and “design preview”, open “flat design” to design a flat pattern.
- PS(adobe photoshop): Find the “flat design” layer and double-click it to open the design in the newly opened window.
We always recommend that you design a flat pattern and that the pattern beyond the edges keeps it intact. Our socks knitting machine code requires a complete pattern, and if the missing pattern we have to complete it ourselves, this may not be what the customer wants.
Step 3: Preview sock design.
Our “Flat Socks Mockup” will automatically generate a preview instead of manually generating it.
- AI (adobe illustrator): Save your “flat design” design file, then go back to the “design preview” file and it will automatically update the socks design preview, include front side back and flat design.
- PS (adobe photoshop): Save your “flat design” design layer, then go back to “design preview” and you will see the socks preview.
Step 4: Modify the socks design, add color, note.
Now you can view your design in the “design preview” file. What patterns need to be modified? You can return to the “flat design” file (for adobe photoshop, you need to return to the “flat design” layer) to modify it.
You can add notes and some design details.